How many calories does One serving of Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich have?
One serving of Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich gives 280 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 137 calories, proteins account for 32 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 110 calories. One serving of Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See vegetable noodle grilled sandwich recipe | noodles masala sandwich | cheesy masala noodle sandwich | noodle sandwich kids recipe is an innovative sandwich which is sure to be devoured by kids. You can surprise our kids for a playdate or birthday party with this delicious cheesy sandwich. Learn how to make cheesy masala noodle sandwich.
Noodles, sandwiches, pav bhaji... this recipe brings together all your favourite snacks into the handy format of a grilled sandwich! You will love the fusion of Indian and Chinese flavours in this novel noodles masala sandwich, which is packed with juicy veggies and cooked Hakka Noodles, flavoured excitingly with soy sauce and pav bhaji masala.
You can feel the warmth of the masala, spice powders and sauces as you devour this scrumptious sandwich. This combination of textures and exciting flavours makes the noodle sandwich kids recipe a veritable treat for your palate.
Serve cheesy masala noodle sandwich immediately because the noodles can make the sandwich soggy after a while. If you love grilled sandwiches, we would love to introduce you to more of our favourites – Pineapple and Cheese Grilled Sandwich , Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich and the Pav Sandwich.
Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich
Tips for vegetable noodle grilled sandwich. 1. Sauté all the veggies like capsicum and spring onions on a medium flame. Sautéing on a slow flame might lead to loss of crunchiness. 2. Use sandwich bread for this recipe, as these are thick and specially meant for stuffed sandwiches. 3. Learn how to cook perfect boiled hakka noodles, that are well cooked and not sticky.
Is Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other viral infections. To boost your immune system have a garlic clove a day. Garlic is a top anti viral food. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Low glycemic index (40) colourful capsicum are immune boosters. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Bean Sprouts Benefits : Bean Sprouts are one of the most complete and nutritional of all the foods that exist. With lots of dietary fiber to their credit, beans sprouts add bulk to stools and makes the passage of stools through the digestive tract easier. This helps to avoid constipation. With significant amounts of iron, beans sprouts help to maintain the red blood cell (RBC) count. A good RBC count means no sign of anaemia. Bean sprouts are a boon for heartpatients. They help maintain cholesterol levels and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of bean sprouts in bean sprouts glossary.
Cabbage ( Patta Gobhi + Red Cabbage) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. Red cabbage also called purple cabbage has slightly high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins than green cabbage and has long been used as a herbal medicine. It has same health benefits to offer as the cabbage otherwise.See here all benefits of cabbage.
Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
What's the problem?
1. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses bread which is made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
Can healthy individuals have Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich?
What is a healthy toast option to have?
We suggest you try homemade almond bread made without eggs and toast it. A good option is toasted almond bread with avocado which is a perfect gluten free breakfast option. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour to make toast like mixed sprouts open toast, oats moong toast, cottage cheese tomato and chutney sandwich or creamy alfalfa sprouts and apple on toast.
Creamy Alfalfa Sprouts and Apple On Toast
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
One serving of Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 62 calories that come from One serving of Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hour 24 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 28 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 37 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 48 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.