10 Uses of Cherry Tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes are a smaller, thumb tip sized variants of tomatoes that are popular all over the world. Taste-wise they are juicier and sweeter than the regular plum tomatoes and available in many colors like yellow, green and red. Since they are perfectly bite sized, they are all the more fun to eat.
1. Cherry tomatoes are a popular choice as a garnish on a hot or cold dish, on a starter or on main course dishes like a Mini Pizza.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, place on a slice of baguette, drizzle with a little olive oil and add a sprinkling of salt and pepper and that itself makes a great starter. To this bruschetta, you can add other cheeses like feta, ricotta and other veggies too. A unique bruschetta that can be made is a Burrata Cheese and Cherry Tomato Crostini.
3. Use it in either cooked or uncooked salads with different types of grains, vegetables and fruits. They provide a very unique, juicy texture to a salad like Barley Feta and Spinach Salad.
4. They can be used like regular tomatoes in a number of recipes, although cooks should take the sweetness into account.
5. Some cooks enjoy roasting or grilling them, while others eat them raw as snack tomatoes. Roasting them brings out their natural sweetness. Then they can then be added to numerous recipes.
6. Dry the cherry tomatoes for a in the sun to get your own sundried tomatoes which are as good as the store bought version.
7. The sweetness of cherry tomatoes intensifies during the cooking process. Due to this unique taste they can be turned into wonderful soups.
8. Toss in cherry tomatoes along with different types of pasta to get that extra juiciness into it. Here, the tomatoes can either be made turned into a tomato sauce, tossed in halved while cooking the veggies or just added as a garnish like in a Creamy Tomato Spaghetti.
9. One can even make a juicy Pico de galo or a simple salsa with cherry tomatoes.
10. Add the juice of cherry tomatoes to a vinegar based dressing with shallots and garlic and use this as a vinaigrette dressing for salads and open toast sandwiches.
For Recipes using Cherry Tomatoes, you can check out our collection.