Mushroom and Tri Capsicum Pizza ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8628 times
Replete with the three hues of capsicum, this pizza is as much a visual treat as it is a culinary one! Readymade pizza bases are made using refined flour (maida), which is very unhealthy, but here is a delectable, healthy option made with wholemeal pizza bases, that not even the diet-conscious can deny.
Compared to the pizza made from maida, this nutritious nibble gives only 104 calories per pizza, making it an undoubtedly healthy option.
Add your private note
Mushroom and Tri Capsicum Pizza ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe ) recipe - How to make Mushroom and Tri Capsicum Pizza ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time: 35 to 45 minutes Baking Temperature: 200ºC (400ºF) Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutesMakes 4 servings
- Heat ½ tsp of olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mushrooms and salt and sauté on a medium flame till they are soft. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining ½ tsp of olive oil, add the all three coloured capsicum and salt, mix gently and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a greased baking tray, apply ¼ cup of pizza sauce and ½ tbsp of chilli sauce evenly.
- Arrange half of the sautéed mushrooms and capsicum, on each quarter of the pizza base
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over the vegetables.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the base is evenly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make one more pizza.
- Cut each pizza into 8 equal pieces and serve hot.
- To make it look more attractive you can arrange the vegetables as shown in the picture; to do so sauté each separately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.