Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Crostini
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5240 times
This is a neat little Italian appetizer made of crispy bread, topped with crumbled ricotta cheese, colourful cherry tomatoes, aromatic herbs and tongue-tickling spices.
A brushing of olive oil makes it all the more appealing to the palate. Indeed, the Ricotta Cheese and Cherry Tomato Crostini, enjoyed with a bowl of hot soup, is sure to make you drool in anticipation of the coming meal!
There are several variants of Crostini , made with varied combinations of cheeses, veggies, herbs and sauces. Fire up your imagination and try your own combos.
- Place the French bread slices on a greased baking tray and apply a little olive oil on each bread slice.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c(400°f) for 15 minutes, or till they turn light brown. Cool completely.
- Combine the cherry tomato halves, olive oil, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a clean, dry surface and put a little of the ricotta cheese and spread it evenly.
- Put some cherry tomato mixture over each ricotta cheese layer and finally sprinkle a little sea salt evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per crostini
|Vitamin A||61.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.