Barley and Corn Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 162 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68029 times
Here's an easy way to have a healthy accompaniment to your main course. Barley has been used to enhance the fibre content and sweet corn gives a crispy texture to the salad. The red and yellow capsicum and spring onions add colour to the dish and make it extremely appealing to the eye.
- Combine the barley and sweet corn with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all the other ingredients including cooked barley- sweet corn in a bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.
- The discarded barley water can be used for vegetable gravies and dals as it is rich in water-soluble vitamins like B and c.
|Energy|| 53 calories.|
|Protein|| 1.9 gm.|
|Carbohydrate|| 10.8 gm.|
|Fat|| 0.3 gm.|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 207.4 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 29.7 mg.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.