Burrata Cheese and Cherry Tomato Crostini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2057 times
Crostini sounds like the name of a famous music composer, but it isn’t! It is a class of Italian appetizers, made of small slices of grilled or toasted bread, brushed with butter or olive oil, and topped with varied cheeses, sauces, veggies or even fruits.
The crostini might be seasoned with spices and herbs for added zing. Crostinis range from simple ones with just herbs and sauces to more elaborate ones with several toppings.
The Burrata Cheese and Cherry Tomato Crostini is an outstanding variant that is loaded with burrata, a fresh Italian cheese made with mozzarella and cream, and dainty cherry tomatoes. A sprinkling of sea salt instantly boosts the taste and aroma of the crostini, making it appetizing beyond words!
You can also try other crostini recipes like the Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Crostini or Avocado and Cherry Tomato Crostini .
- Place all the french bread slices on a baking tray and apply ¼ tsp of olive oil on each bread slice.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c(400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes, or till they turn light brown in colour. Cool slightly.
- Put 1 tsp of cheese on each toast and spread it evenly.
- Put 3 cherry tomato halves on each crostini and sprinkle 1/8 tsp of sea salt evenly over them.
- Drizzle ¼ tsp of olive oil evenly over them.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per crostini
|Vitamin A||135.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.