Roasted Garlic Crostini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6294 times
Crostini are dainty starters made of crisped bread topped with yummy ingredients.
Here, a strongly flavoured mixture of roasted garlic mashed with sea salt is used to give the crostini a succulent mouth-feel and irresistible flavour.
Sea salt has a way of boosting the flavour of any dish it is added to, and its magic plays out effectively in the Roasted Garlic Crostini too.
As the crostini bakes in the oven with the roasted garlic topping, it gives out such a fabulous aroma that nobody can control themselves from popping a piece into their mouth as soon as it is done!
Try other crostini recipes like the Ricotta and Basil Crostini or Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Crostini .
- Cut ¼ th tip of each garlic pod and place them on an rectangle aluminium foil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle sea salt evenly over them.
- Wrap them from all the sides and twist it lightly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 45 minutes.
- Allow it cool completely and open the aluminium foil.
- Squeeze out each pod into a deep bowl along with the olive oil and sea salt. Also add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and pepper powder and mix well while mashing it with the back of a spoon till smooth. Keep aside.
- Place 5 french bread slices on a clean, dry surface and put a little of the prepared roasted garlic mixture and spread it evenly.
- Repeat step 1 to spread the prepared roasted garlic mixture on the remaining 5 french bread slices and spread it evenly.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per garlic crostini
|Vitamin A||29.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.