Sprout and Fruit Bhel ( Fast Food Made Healthy)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 285 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25976 times
Here's a healthy alternative to regular calorie-laden bhel. I've added mixed sprouts in this bhel as they are easier to digest and also abound in nutrients like protein, calcium, iron and vitamin C. Mixed with fruits like apple, orange and pomegranate and flavoured with lemon juice it makes a tantalizingly chatpata snack that’s sure to lift your spirits.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and puffed rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the black salt and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Combine the masala puffed rice and all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 79 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 14.5 gm|
|Fat|| 1.0 gm|
|Fibre|| 3.0 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 506.4 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 19.3 mg|
|Calcium|| 37.7 mg|
|Iron|| 1.1 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 3.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.