Mooli Paratha, Punjabi Radish Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
पंजाबी मूली पराठा
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Mooli Paratha, Punjabi Radish Paratha in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Mooli Paratha, Punjabi Radish Paratha in Gujarati)
Added to 336 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 239963 times
Mooli Paratha is traditional Punjabi fare! Whiffs of oil and mooli roasting together fill the whole house when these parathas are cooked in a griddle.
Made with grated radish, radish leaves, whole wheat flour and common spice powders, these parathas are extremely nutritious and filling.
They are loaded with calcium and vitamins, and are ideal to carry along in your tiffin .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, using a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and roll out each portion thinly into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Wrap in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box along with low–fat curds.
- You can use 1 cup of chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves instead of white radish and radish leaves for the above recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.