How many calories does one Mooli Paratha have?
One Mooli Paratha gives 78 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 53 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 17 calories. One Mooli Paratha provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Mooli Paratha recipe. Mooli Paratha is traditional Punjabi fare! Whiffs of oil and mooli roasting together fill the whole house when these parathas are cooked in a griddle.
Is Mooli Paratha healthy?
Yes, this healthy. Let's see what it's made of. Whole wheat flour, radish, curds and radish leaves which are healthy too. So lets understand the ingredients.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Whole Wheat flour : 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour is used. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
3. Mooli (Radish) : Radish has many heart protective nutrients like Vitamin C, folic acid, calcium, potassium and flavonoids. They are an amazing source of fibre which helps in lowering cholesterol levels. The vitamin C in radishes is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory which can help arthritis patients. Potassium from radish can help lower your risk of kidney stones. See detailed benefits of radish.
4. Radish Leaves (Mooli Ke Patte ) : The radish leaves contain more nutrition than its white root. The vitamin A and vitamin C work towards building the immune cells – WBC (white blood cells). They not only prevent the onset of common diseases like cold and cough but also form a line of prevention against the onset of chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart diseases. Low in carbs, good amount of fibre and hence diabetic friendly. See detailed benefits of radish leaves.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mooli Paratha?
Yes. Mooli is an amazing source of fibre which helps in lowering cholesterol levels. Great for weight loss too.
Can healthy individuals have Mooli Paratha?
Yes. We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Mooli Paratha are safe for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids
How to burn 78 calories that come from Mooli Paratha?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.