Mixed Sprouts and Mint Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3460 times
Eating small and frequent meals is a handy technique to keep acidity at bay. But then, you are always left wondering what to have in between the regular meals.
This Mixed Sprouts and Mint Soup is an excellent choice. It is a nutritious soupy snack that can be enjoyed between meals, but it may also be served as an appetiser.
It also does wonders to curb your acidity as sprouts are alkaline by nature. Mint is also known to subdue the stomach acids. Not too spicy, the Mixed Sprouts and Mint Soup is just perfect for your stomach condition. However avoid it if you are already experiencing flatulence.
You can also try our other delicious and healthy stomach friendly soups like Nourishing Lettuce Soup and Healthy Brown Onion Soup .
- Combine the mixed sprouts, tomatoes, onions, garlic and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth using 2½ cups of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan and add the salt and pepper. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the mint leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.