Mini Nachni Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22858 times
Don’t let the colour of ragi flour put you off, because this sumptuous Mini Nachni Pancake is a winner in all other aspects, including flavour, aroma and nutrition! Loaded with iron and calcium, these toothsome pancakes will help start your day on an energetic and exciting note. Remember however that a nachni pancake takes a little more time to cook than normal flour-based ones, so cook for longer, and serve right off the pan, with tasty coconut chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, along with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Just before making the pancakes, sprinkle the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan with ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter in each uttapa mould and spread it lightly.
- Cook, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make more mini pancakes.
- Serve immediately with healthy coconut chutney.
- At step no 1 add approx. ½ cup of extra water and proceed to make dosas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.