Jain Pav Bhaji (using Raw Bananas)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31976 times
If you thought Pav Bhaji cannot be made without potatoes, then this recipe will be an eye-opener for you. Made with raw bananas and other vegetables spiced up with red chilli paste and pav bhaji masala, this delicious bhaji tastes as wonderful as the original, especially after you garnish it with lemon juice and coriander. Hand-in-hand with buttered and toasted pav, this Jain Pav Bhaji is so delectable, you will actually feel a mild pinch of sorry deep down your heart when the plate becomes empty!
- Soak the kashmiri dry red chillies in a small bowl with enough warm water for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked kashmiri red chillies with 2½ tbsp of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the red chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well, mash it lightly using a potato masher and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, raw bananas and ¾ cup of water, mix well, mash well using a potato masher and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Garnish with lemon and coriander and serve immediately with toasted pav and tomato slices.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||888.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||72.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||41.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.