Ghee Rice Recipe, How To Make Ghee Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 224459 times
When you want the focus to be on the subzi, then this is the best choice for your Main Course .
Soothing yet flavourful, the Ghee Rice combines beautifully with elaborate Subzis / Curries and Dals / Kadhis enhancing their appeal and giving them the attention they deserve.
However, the best part about Ghee Rice is that it tastes just as wonderful with a simple dal or everyday subzi so you can prepare it on any hurried day too.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, 3½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening. Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork.
- Serve immediately garnished with fried onions and fried cashews.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||69 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.