Added to 734 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71067 times
A unique batter of grated sweet corn, besan and rava is used to make this delicious and satiating Corn Panki. Without onion, garlic or any overwhelming spices, this dish is very soothing to the palate. Yet, it has a very irresistible flavour, thanks to coriander, green chillies, and the homely aroma and rustic flavour achieved by cooking the pankis between banana leaves. Enjoy this hot and fresh with tongue-tickling Green Chutney ( Chutney ) You can view many more Gujarati Farsans on tarladalal.com
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of the batter on one half of the greased side on a banana leaf and spread it evenly.
- Place another greased banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards over it and press it lightly.
- Cook on a non-stick pan or a tava (griddle) till light brown spots appear on the leaves and the panki in between peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more pankis.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- You can cook 3 to 4 pankis at one time on a tava.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.