Cardamom Orange Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26854 times
In two minds whether to please the youngsters by serving a lavish cake for dessert, or appease the elders with a traditional mithai? Try this Cardamom Orange Cake, which combines both choices into one innovative dessert! Creamy shrikhand is thoughtfully combined with orange fruit and squash, and set atop orange-soaked sponge cake. A creative garnish of whipped cream and orange segments ensures that this quick and easy dessert looks as irresistible as it tastes. For a deeper flavour, you can use a dash of rum in the soaking syrup.
- Combine the kesar shrikhand, orange squash and cardamom powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and orange segments and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Slice the vanilla sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers. We would need only the lower layer of the cake.
- Place the bottom layer of the vanilla sponge cake on a turntable or serving plate and sprinkle the soaking syrup evenly over it. Keep aside.
- Spread the shrikhand-whipped cream mixture evenly over it.
- Garnish with swirls of beaten whipped cream and orange segments and refrigerate for 1 hour or till it sets.
- Cut the cake into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- The top layer of the cake remaining at step 3 can be used to make other desserts like chocolaty balls.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedges
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.