Kaju Mutter Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38444 times
Cashews in and out make this dish the super awesome treat that it is. Perfect for cashew lovers, the Kaju Mutter Masala features crispy cashews and soft green peas in a creamy, tangy, masaledar gravy.
The gravy is quite rich, made of cashews, tomatoes, fresh cream and spice powders. While this recipe has a dash of ginger and garlic for added flavour, these two ingredients can be skipped to make a Jain-friendly version of this tasty dish.
Also do try other sabzis with green peas like Mutter Paneer Butter Masala , Mushroom Mutter Makhani and Palak Mutter .
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cashewnuts and sauté on a slow flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine this mixture and cashewnuts in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf, garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato-cashewnut mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh cream, green peas and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the crispy cashewnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.