by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30553 times
Known by its various names world over the mushroom or Khumbh is also known as Dhingri in Punjabi cooking. Every cuisine has its version of a mushroom dish. If not traditionally used they have slowly been included in these cuisines. Mushroom does not require too much cooking time making a quick and easy to prepare vegetable. Mutter has been combined with mushroom in this delectable dish that uses curds, which gives it a tangy flavour. The cashew nut paste helps give the dish its lovely texture.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, charmagaz, green chillies, red chillies, ginger and garlic with ½ cup of water and simmer on a low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool, add the browned onions and blend in a mixture to a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a pan and sauté this paste for 15 to 20 minutes or till the oil begins to separate from the gravy. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the mushrooms and peas and sauté till the mushrooms and peas are almost done.
- Add the prepared gravy, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, Punjabi garam masala, coriander, cream, salt and ½ cup water and mix well.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.