Mutter Paneer Butter Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1931 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 596948 times
Peas and cottage cheese are a made-for-each other duo, whatever be the style of preparation. A seemingly elaborate but actually easy recipe, Mutter Paneer Butter Masala is an ideal accompaniment for rotis and rice too. A masala paste sautéed in butter is further perked up with spice powders, tangy tomato, milk, cream and other ingredients to form a rich gravy that holds the star ingredients – mutter and paneer. The aroma and good looks of this dish make it truly irresistible.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato purée and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the honey, milk and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the green peas and paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with naan or parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||795.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.8 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.