How many calories does one Veg Club Sandwich have?
One Veg Club Sandwich gives 824 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 406 calories, proteins account for 96 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 352 calories. One Veg Club Sandwich provides about 41 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Veg Club Sandwich recipe. Found on most restaurant menus, this satiating multi-decker sandwich may be found in many variants depending on the region and the chef’s imagination!
This recipe is an interesting and slightly Indianised version in which one of the layers comprises a flavourful tomato omelet, perked up with green chillies and spice powders. Creamy and tangy coleslaw forms another layer, while the rest of the sandwich is comprised of crunchy and juicy veggies and greens.
A dash of peppy chutneys like green chutney and garlic chutney heightens the desi feel of this Vegetable Club Sandwich.
Is Veg Club Sandwich healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Lettuce : Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight. Keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. Rich in Folic acid, one such nutrient which a mother-to-be should start building the reserve of much before conception. See benefits of lettuce.
Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
What's the problem?
Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida to make bread which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Veg Club Sandwich ?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses plain flour or maida to make bread which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided. Mayannoise tends to have high fat levels.
What is a healthy toast option to have?
We suggest you try homemade almond bread made without eggs and toast it. A good option is toasted almond bread with avocado which is a perfect gluten free breakfast option.
Almond and Avocado Toast, Toasted Almond Bread Topped with Avocados
Can healthy individuals have Veg Club Sandwich ?
No, this is not healthy.
Veg Club Sandwich is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
6. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
7.Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
8. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
9. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
10. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
11. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 824 calories that come from Veg Club Sandwich?
Walking (6 kmph) = 4hr 7 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1hr 22 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1hr 50 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 2hr 21 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.