Almond Bread, Homemade Almond Bread Without Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6463 times
A loaf without wheat? Unbelievable but true, and absolutely awesome too. Behold the Almond Bread made with Almond Milk. This recipe is a better option for those that don’t have eggs as in the recipe Almond Flax Bread with Eggs .
This is a really unique snack, which tastes great and is chock-full of good health too. It is gluten-free, which means that even gluten-sensitive people can enjoy it.
Rich in protein, which is good fat, the Almond Bread is an ideal snack for weight loss, and for athletes. You can enjoy it as it is, or with Peanut Butter . Packed in a foil and refrigerated, it stays good for around five days.
- Put the almonds in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Combine the almond milk, flax seeds powder and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the almond flour, salt, baking powder in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the almond milk mixture and 2 tbsp of water and mix very well using a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 200 mm. (8”) × 100 mm. (4”) rectangle aluminium loaf tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly, demould and cut into 11 equal slices.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per slice
|Vitamin A||5.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.3 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.