Coconut Flour Bread, Low- Carb Coconut Bread
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1447 times
Coconut flour, an ingredient that is readily available at gourmet stores and online shops like Amazon.in, is a gluten-free, protein-rich flour that is ideal for low-carb diets.
You can also make it at home using our recipe. Here, we have used coconut flour to make a healthy loaf of bread, which is gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb.
Although it is slightly dense, the Coconut Flour Bread tastes awesome and is good for making toast. The bread is slightly sweet, and may be enjoyed plain or with eggs. You can also dab some yummy homemade coconut butter on the toast, to make a complete, healthy breakfast that is rich in protein and good fats.
Once the coconut flour is added to the bread, it will absorb the eggs and become thick. Not to worry about this, your bread will turn out okay. You can store the bread at room temperature for about 4-5 days. When refrigerated, the shelf life is about 15-20 days.
Also try these recipes Coconut flour Pancakes or Low-carb Chocolate and Peanut Bars .
- Crack the eggs in a deep bowl, add the coconut oil and honey and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the coconut flour, salt and baking powder and mix well using a spatula. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Put the batter in a greased 175mm. (7”) aluminium loaf tin, and spread it evenly.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly, demould it on a clean dry surface and cut into 15 equal slices.
- Serve or store it in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Nutrient values per slice
|Vitamin A||80 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.