Stuffed Nachni Roti, Healthy Ragi Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35062 times
These scrumptious rotis are made out of nachni and whole wheat flour, and stuffed with a flavourful vegetable filling. The succulent filling adds softness to the nachni rotis, making them more enjoyable. The combination of karela and cauliflower gives a well-balanced flavour and texture to the stuffing mixture, which is resplendent with the perky aroma and flavour of fenugreek leaves.
You will be surprised to see that the bitterness of ingredients like karela and fenugreek, which are excellent foods for diabetics, are beautifully offset by the cauliflower. One thing you need to remember about the Stuffed Nachni Roti is that the vegetable stuffing has to be made just before making the rotis, because it will get watery after sometime, making it difficult to roll them. Also, make sure you serve the stuffed rotis hot and fresh off the tava.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the vegetable stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 75 mm. (3") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the vegetable stuffing in the centre of the circle, bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more stuffed rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.