Mini Oats Bhakri Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35141 times
Ingredients you never would have thought of combining come together in an exciting new fashion, in this brilliant recipe! Absolutely healthy, this Mini Oats Bhakri Pizza is so tasty you won’t even realise it does not contain cheese. The main reason for this super taste is the fabulous homemade pizza sauce, an interesting mix of antioxidant-rich veggies in the topping, and the elegant seasonings used.
Since bhakris made of oats and wheat flour are used as the base, you should assemble this pizza just before serving. Otherwise the bhakri will get soggy. You can enjoy a helping of two Mini Oats Bhakri Pizzas occasionally.
- Make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 87 mm. (3½”) diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the bhakri on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the bhakri on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth or a khakhra press, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Divide the vegetable topping into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, place a bhakri on a clean, dry surface, spread approx. 1½ tbsp of pizza sauce evenly over it and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Repeat step 2 to make 7 more bhakri pizzas.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.