5 Grain Pizza Base
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58493 times
While you might have tried loading your pizza with lots of veggies and perhaps shifted from normal to low-fat cheese too, in attempts to make pizzas healthier, there would always have been a niggling guilt about the plain flour base. Have you explored the option of a healthy five grain pizza base? here is how you can make this nutritious alternative right in your own kitchen.
- Combine the dry yeast with 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and cover and keep aside for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic.
- Add the olive oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a circle of 250 mm. (10") diameter and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness. Prick the dough with a fork and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- 8. Repeat step 7 to make 1 more pizza base.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values per base
|Vitamin A||114.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.