Paneer Methi Palak ( Low Calorie)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 487 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31538 times
A vegetable, usually made with lots of oil and butter is made healthy by cutting down on the oil used. Paneer providing protein along with methi and palak, which are rich in fibre and vitamin a makes this recipe a healthy version for all healthy buffs!!
- In a deep pan, cook the spinach and fenugreek along with water and 2 tsp soda bi-carb and cook on a slow flame until soft.
- When cooked, drain out the water and blend the leaves in a remove from the flame, drain out the excess water and blend in a mixer to a smooth puree.
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and ginger and saute again for a few seconds.
- Add the pureed leaves, paneer and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Health Information :
- Green leafy vegetables contain Vitamins A and C and iron and form an important part of a balanced diet.
- The paneer provides high quality protein.
Nutrient values per serving
|nergy|| 161 kcal|
|Protein|| 13.0 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 20.1 gm|
|Fat|| 3.2 gm|
|Folic Acid|| 47.1 mcg|
|Vitamin A|| 3081.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.