Gavarfali ki Subzi ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49571 times
Traditional vegetables can be cooked in contemporary ways, and vice versa. But, sometimes the olden favourites remain our golden choice! Time can tarnish neither the flavour nor aroma of this Gavarfali ki Subzi, a simple preparation of cluster beans cooked in a curd based gravy. Once you try it, this fibre and folic acid rich subzi will become a frequently repeated menu item.
- Clean the cluster beans by removing the ends and string them and cut them into 25 mm. (1”) pieces.
- Combine the cluster beans, salt and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, besan and a little salt in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Add the cluster beans to the curds mixture, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and asafoetida.
- When the cumin and mustard seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Lower the flame, add the cluster bean-curds mixture, mix well and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot with rotis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.