by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 195 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28110 times
Whole moong, urad and masoor are pressure cooked with the channa and toovar dals, resulting in a nutritious meal that is filling as well. A saucy tadka of spices, onions and tomatoes blended with the dals makes it super tasty!
- Clean, wash and soak the dals in warm water for at least an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Add 4 cups water and cook in a pressure cooker for 15 to 20 minutes, over medium flame, till the dals are cooked.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cardamoms, cinnamon and cumin seeds and allow the cumin seeds to crackle.
- Add the onions and cook till they are golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and fennel powder and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the curds and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked dals and salt and allow the dal to come to a boil.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or rotis.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||128.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||49.7 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.