by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 282 times
Here’s a mind-boggling recipe that tickles your taste buds too! In this innovative treat, we make egg omelette, cut it into handy sizes, combine it with a masaledaar curry and cook for a few more minutes till the two combine to yield an awesomely mouth-watering dish.
The Omelette Curry tastes great with rotis. You can prepare the omelette and curry in advance, but combine and cook them just before serving or else the omelette will become soggy and disintegrate.
Try other egg-based delicacies like Egg Bhurji or Egg Masala.
Add your private note
Omelette Curry recipe - How to make Omelette Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the eggs, onions, tomatoes, green chilies and salt in a deep bowl and whisk well using a fork.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, pour the egg mixture, cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Turnover and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Cool it completely , cut it into square pieces using a sharp knife. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds. Once the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes , coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, 2 tsp of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it lightly with a back of a spoon.
- Add ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the curry, add the omelette pieces. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the garam masala and mix well.
- Serve immediately with roti.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.