Egg Masala, Egg Masala Dry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33691 times
A chatpata and masaledar subzi of boiled and halved eggs cooked with onions, tomatoes and peppy spicy powders. The best part is that the mind-blowing flavour of this subzi is achieved using everyday ingredients, which you don’t have to go hunting for!
So, you make this delightful Egg Masala on any day, to accompany your rotis , parathas or rice .One thing you need to be very careful about is that the subzi has to be mixed very gently after adding the eggs, or they will break and spoil the flavour and texture of the dish.
- Combine the eggs and enough water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes. Drain.
- Crack and peel the eggs and cut each egg into halves. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 6 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it lightly with a back of a spoon.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Gently place the egg halves at regular intervals, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, without stirring in between.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.