Egg Curry Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21602 times
Looking to prepare just one dish that you can couple with a bowl of rice or a few rotis to make a complete and satisfying meal? Well, then go for the Egg Curry.
It is a succulent curry of boiled eggs, spruced up with a pungent paste of tomatoes, onions etc., and a splash of spice powders and spice-mixes like the Kitchen King masala.
Mildly spicy and absolutely mouth-watering, this curry is sure to appeal to all egg-lovers. You can enjoy it with roti or with steamed rice.
You can also try other egg-based recipes like the Egg Masala or Vegetable Scrambled Eggs Topped with Feta .
- Prick the eggs lightly all over using a knife.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the eggs and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till it is golden brown in colour from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 3 tsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan add cardamom, cloves and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, kitchen king masala and salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 9 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sautéed boiled eggs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch of the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.