Masala Chana Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30028 times
Chana dal is commonly used as one of the ingredients in various subzis, rice preparations and snacks. However, here is an accompaniment prepared from chana dal, spiked up with tomato pulp and onions, laced with simple spice powders. You will love the soothing flavour of this easy dal.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, turmeric powder, green chillies, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chana dal and 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.