Matki Pulao, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47186 times
Matki pulao, this one is truly a protein treasure trove lined with the goodness of matki sprouts, this pulao is not only easy-to-digest but nutritious too. Try variations of this pulao by replacing matki with other sprouts.
Serve with Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi or Green Tomato Kadhi .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the cloves, asafoetida, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the matki sprouts and again sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and salt, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Matki Pulao (Protein Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.