Healthy Moong Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 96773 times
Appetizing moong sprouts, onions and tomatoes topped with cooling dahi, this Healthy Moong Chaat is loaded with nutrients like iron, fibre, and vitamins A and C. Brimming with good health, this tasty snack can be tossed up in a jiffy and is the perfect answer to sudden hunger pangs. Always keep some sprouted moong ready in your fridge, so you can prepare this often for your loved ones. Interestingly, the sprouted moong mixture is a nice and crunchy snack to have just as it is, even without the toppings!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, tomatoes, sprouted moong, ¼ cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the moong is partially cooked, while stirring
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool slightly. Divide the sprouted mixture into two equal portions.
- Place one portion of the sprouted moong mixture in a bowl, pour 2 tbsp of fresh curds and sprinkle a little salt, 1 tbsp of onions, 1 tbsp of tomatoes, 1 tbsp of coriander and a pinch of chilli powder over it.
- Repeat step 5 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately.
Healthy Moong Chaat Video By Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.