Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78076 times
Oats is the last ingredient you thought would be used to make a chaat and yet it fits in so beautifully! The best part is that this unbelievably tasty Oats Chaat is so nutritious that you can munch on this snack without any guilt.
This chaat makes use of a unique meetha chutney that is sweetened completely with dates, without any jaggery, so it can be stored in the refrigerator and used to make this and other healthy chaats any time.
Whenever hunger strikes, all you need to do is assemble together oats, veggies, curds, kala chana sprouts and the perky chutney. You can also replace kala chana sprouts with any other sprouts of your choice.
- Combine the dates and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste using ¼ cup of water.
- Transfer it in a deep bowl, add the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, black salt and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan and dry roast the oats on a medium flame for 4 minutes to remove the raw taste of oats. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the oats, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander and pomegranate.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.