Green Peas Curry ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 329 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93509 times
Green Peas Curry is a delightful accompaniment that can be made in a jiffy using frozen peas, readily available spice powders, purees and pastes. The use of plain flour gives a thick consistency to the curry without having to simmer the gravy for too long. While the flavours of tomato and onion are definitely noticeable, it is the soothing flavour of cumin that dominates this curry.
- Combine the milk, plain flour, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and tomato purée in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the milk mixture, green peas and salt and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till the curry thickens, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.