Dahi Ragda Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5907 times
Ragda has earned its share of fame by making itself useful in the preparation of chaats like Ragda Patties. Here is another interesting snack using yummy, tongue-tickling Ragda made of cooked safed vatana, tomatoes and spices.
In the Dahi Ragda Chaat, the spicy Ragda is served with a shot of curds and a drizzling of chutneys. A garnish of sev and coriander adds more josh to this exciting mix of ingredients, presenting you with a really irresistible choice!
You can also try other chaat recipes like the Mixed Sprouts Chaat or Moong Sprouts and Potato Salli Chaat .
- Combine the safed vatana, little salt and enough water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked safed vatana, coriander and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the ragda into 3 equal portions.
- Put a portion of the ragda in a serving bowl.
- Pour ¼ cup of whisked curds, ½ tbsp of green chutney and 2 tsp of sweet chutney, little chilli powder and cumin seeds powder for sprinkling evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of sev and ½ tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 2 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.