Stuffed Ragda Patties
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27751 times
Ragda Patties is an all-time favourite Mumbai roadside snack, comprising crisp and spicy potato patties drowned in a gravy with boiled white peas.
Here, we have enhanced the recipe further, by stuffing the potato patties with a tangy, sweet and spicy filling. Laced with chutneys and garnished with sev, the Stuffed Ragda Patties is one delectable snack worth a lot of praise!
Serve it at tea-time to watch excited smiles bloom on everybody’s face. You can also try other chaat recipes like Aloo Chaat and Pakodi Chaat .
- Combine the soaked safed vatana, turmeric powder, little salt and 2½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape, open the lid and mash it lightly with the potato masher.
- Add the chilli powder, asafoetida, coriander and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a flat round and put little of the prepared stuffing in the center.
- Bring all the sides together, seal it completely, and flatten it lightly.
- Grease a hot tava (griddle) using 1 tsp of oil and place 4 stuffed patties at a time, drizzle 1 tsp of oil evenly over it and cook on a medium flame till they turn brown on both the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to cook 4 more stuffed patties. Keep aside.
- Place 2 stuffed patties on a serving plate.
- Pour ¼ portion of the ragda evenly over it.
- Put 1 tbsp of sweet chutney, 2 tsp green chutney, sprinkle 1 tbsp sev and 1 tsp coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Stuffed Ragda Patties video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.