by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28460 times
These attractive, golden-coloured Corn Croquettes are perfect to serve at parties as they have a brilliant flavour and texture, and are handily sized too.
You will love the mild sweetness of corn, the succulent softness of cooked rice and the perky flavour of green chillies, which play out wonderfully well in this snack.
Serve the Corn Croquettes as a starter, as finger food at a Cocktail Party , or simply make it to accompany a cup of tea on a rainy day!
- Combine ½ cup of plain flour and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the remaining ¾ cup of plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the corn, rice, green chillies and salt and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 11 equal portions and roll each portion into a cylindrical roll.
- Dip the balls in the plain flour-water mixture and roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry, a few balls at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per croquette
|Vitamin A||107 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.