by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2753 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112786 times
A traditional gujarati snack, prepared in a jiffy.
- Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt in a bowl and make a batter using a1 cup of water.
- Add the fruit salt. Sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix wel.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter microwaveable container and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 1 more tray of dhoklas. Keep aside.
- To prepare the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the sesame seeds, green chilli and asafoetida and remove from the fire. Add 1 tablespoon of water and pour the mixture over the steamed dhoklas.
- Garnish with the coriander.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break lumps of the besan, sugar and citric acid crystals.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.