Adai ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 150 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 116904 times
Easy to make and best as a snack! this south indian preparation traditionally calls for more amount of rice, however i made it with just 2 tablespoons rice and lots of dals so that you can enjoy it often without worrying about rising blood sugar levels!
Suggested Serving Size Per Person: 2 adais with 1 tbsp garlic tomato chutney
- Wash and soak the rice, dals and fenugreek seeds in water in separate vessels for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the rice, dals, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida along with enough water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, coriander, salt and a little water if required and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the batter to form an adai of 100 mm (4") diameter.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown using a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more adais.
- Serve hot with garlic tomato chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
| 125 calories|| 6.2 gm|| 18.9 gm|| 2.8 gm|| 11.2 mg|| 0.4 mg|| 0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.