Recipes using Dosa Batter, 25 Dosa Batter Recipes
Dosa, yes, we all love Dosa and different types of Dosa recipes from Rava Dosa to Sada Dosa. We are excited to share with you recipes using Dosa batter.
For South Indians, breakfast is comprises mainly of dosas and idlis and they make enough batter which they can roll on for a few days.
Hence we show you Dosa batter recipes and also how to prepare dosa batter.
Moong Dal Dosa
Dosa batter to make Mumbai street food
Dosa batter to make Mumbai street food. We have the famous Mysore Masala Dosa which features chutney smeared dosa with a simple potato masala rolled into it. Palak Paneer dosa is a Mumbai street food along with Schezuan Chopsuey Dosa and Cheese Dosa which use dosa batter.
Mysore Masala Dosa ( Mumbai Roadside Recipe)
Dosa Batter to make Uttapams
Uttapam is a great breakfast snack to have from Onion Tomato Utttapa, Onion Uttapam to the innovative Uttpam Pizza.
Onion Tomato Uttapam
Dosa batter to make kids dosa
Dosa batter to make kids sandwiches
Mini Bajra Onion Uttapa
Dosa batter to make Pizza
What a fun way to make use of leftover uttapas !
The Uttpam Pizza is so tasty that your kids will want you to make this every time you make dosa batter.
From onions and capsicum, to pizza sauce and cheese, the Uttapam Pizza has all the basic ingredients that go into your favourite pizza.
Appes made with dosa batter
Dosa batter or Idli batter can be flavoured and used in many different ways to make quick appe like Quick Vegetable Appe , Masala Appe and Fried Dosa Strips with Honey Chilli Sauce. Try these recipes that kids and young will love to munch it in the eve as a snack or as an instant tiffin snack.
Schezuan Chopsuey Dosa
How to make a Perfect Dosa Batter
Perfect Dosas are a matter of pride and this requires you know what! Perfect DOSA BATTER. Two things are important in when making dosa batter.
First is the portion of rice to urad and the second is the consistency of the batter. Follow our Dosa Batter recipe whcih is foolproof and your on your way to make great dosas and recipes using dosa batter.
How To Make A Perfect Dosa Batter
Few pointers to make the dosa batter
· Check the quality the rice, it should be either parboiled or raw rice or a mixture of both the rice.
· Soaking of the rice and the urad dal atleast for 4 hours is very important.
· Make sure to blend the soaked rice and dal in parts in the mixer or in the wet grinder stone machine(special machine for idli and dosa batter).
· The texture of both the rice and the urad dal should be very fine while blending it. The more finer the crisper dosa it will get while cooking.
· The consistency of the batter should be thinner than the Idli batter. So it is easy to spread it on the tava.
· Add the salt once the rice and urad has blended well. It will help in fermentation process.
· If staying in a colder region make sure to keep the batter in closed cabinet or oven for 8 to 10 hours.
· Store the batter in an airtight container, and keep it refrigerated till next use.
· Use the batter to make different dosa delicacies.