by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13058 times
A desi favourite transforms into a nouveau treat, taking a few hints from Mexican cuisine. Imagine a masala dosa, with a Mexican style baked beans filling and a garnish of cheese, instead of the traditional potato filling. Well, the outcome is a fabulous Mexican Dosa!
If you are an international food aficionado, you are sure to have ingredients like baked beans and chilli sauce ready in your fridge at all times; so making this Mexican Dosa is a breeze. You will love the crispy dosa and the tongue-tickling filling, which complement each other beautifully.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Spread a little butter over it and cook on a medium flame till it turns slightly crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Place one portion of the stufifng in a row in the centre, sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it. And fold it over from both the sides overlapping each other. Press it slightly for 1 minute.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 5 more dosas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.