Cheese Burst Dosa, Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6015 times
If the name makes you assume it is another one of those cheese stuffed dosas, you are in for a surprise as this is a notch higher. Lined with cheese and drowned in a milky cheese mixture, it is cheesier than you can imagine.
Add to this a scrumptious Schezuan style stuffing and you get an absolutely exciting snack that redefines the word excitement. While mashing the stuffing on the dosa, do it carefully with a potato masher without breaking the dosa. Enjoy the Cheese Burst Dosa immediately after preparation.
Try other recipes using loads of cheese like Cheese Garlic Buns or Cheese Fondue .
- Combine the cheese spread and milk in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth or a tissue paper.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Put 1 tsp of butter and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Put 2 tbsp of onions, 1 tbsp of capsicum, 1 tbsp of tomatoes, ¼ tsp of chilli powder, ¼ tsp of pav bhaji masala, ½ tbsp of schezuan sauce, mix well using a wooden spoon and then mash it very lightly using a potato masher and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Put 1½ tbsp of cheese spread mixture all over it and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fold it over from both the sides.
- Cut into 2 equal portions using a sharp cutter.
- Pour a little of the cheese spread mixture evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||229.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||30.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||15 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.