Added to 201 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 120446 times
Buttery and cheesy Jini Dosa is the Mumbai roadside vendor’s answer to pizza! Dosas cooked in butter are topped with a succulent and spicy mixture of veggies, which is also cooked in butter!
This is then garnished with loads of cheese and cooked for a few more minutes till the cheese melts and appetizingly coats the veggie topping.
Slice it with a pizza cutter and share it with your friends – we assure you, it will make your day. While the Jini Dosa is self-sufficiently tasty, you can also enjoy it with chutney and sambhar.
Have a go at other Mumbai roadside specialties like the Misal and Pani Puri .
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, chilli-galric paste, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while mashing it occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth or a tissue paper.
- Pour a big ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9”) diameter circle.
- Spread 2 tsp of butter evenly over it and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Spread a portion of the prepared stuffing evenly over the dosa, sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cut the dosa vertically into 3 portions using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and roll each portion tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.