Schezwan Sauce, Schezuan Sauce Chinese Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 457 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103817 times
If you love Oriental cooking, you must have this sauce in your larder!
The Schezuan Sauce is a common addition to several Chinese recipes including noodle and vegetable preparations.
It can be made quite easily with readily available ingredients, and by preparing at home you can rest assured that no unnecessary chemicals have been added to it for preservation, flavour enhancement, etc.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the dry red chillies and garlic, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. 1 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies, ginger, onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared chilli-garlic paste, and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour–water mixture, vinegar, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool completely and keep refrigerated.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.