Vegetables In Creamy Sauce ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 222 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29996 times
Consider making this amazing recipe when you feel a sense of achievement or contentment, and wish to reward yourself. It is, in many ways, similar to vegetable makhanwala but it’s a bit creamier, and cooks comparatively faster. Let your imagination run its own course, and combine different vegetables like corn and peas to make your own variants of this. The result will unfailingly be a fitting treat for the connoisseur in you!
- Combine the french beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas and 1 cup of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 12 minutes, stirring four times in between after every 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the cream, flour, milk and tomato ketchup in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Add the butter in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes or till they turn light pink in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, french beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas, cream-milk mixture, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water, green chilli paste and coriander, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Corn and peas in creamy sauce
- Use 100 grams of fresh sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane) instead of french beans and carrots.
- Serve hot.
- VARIATION : Corn and Peas in Creamy Sauce.
- Use 100 grams of fresh tender corn instead of french beans and carrots.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1086.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||30.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||33.4 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.