Palak Paneer Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58203 times
Mumbai’s roadside food is always in tune with people’s preferences, and offers some dishes that are unique to the Mumbai food scene and much-loved by the people there.
These dishes are so tasty that visitors to the city carry fond memories of these, and want to try them in their own kitchens all over the world.
The Palak Paneer Dosa is one such marvellous creation. Palak and paneer is an evergreen combo, be it in the form of a gravy, rice, sandwich or whatever. The duo comes together as a stuffing for these tasty dosas, with the able support of tomatoes, onions and some masalas.
This dosa tastes absolutely heavenly – creamy, moderately spicy and totally scrumptious. You should make sure the palak paneer stuffing is of the right consistency. If it is too thin, the dosas will become soggy and tear. Serve it hot and fresh.
You are also sure to enjoy other roadside foods like Schezuan Chopsuey Dosa or Paneer Chilly Dosa.
- Boil water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium flame, stirring occasionally. Drain, refresh with cold water and keep aside to cool completely.
- Transfer to a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well while mashing it with the back of a spoon and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, , while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach purée and 3 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, divide the filling into 5 portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour ½ cup of batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9") thin dosa.
- Spread 1 tsp of butter all over the dosa and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Place a portion of the prepared palak paneer stuffing in the center and fold the dosa from 2 sides and press gently.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 4 more dosas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.