Cheese Dosa, Street Style Butter Cheese Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9512 times
An all-time favourite street food, the Cheese Dosa is an irresistible treat of crisp and buttery dosas layered with loads of cheese. And when we say lots of cheese, we mean it. Each dosa carries around 1/4 cup of cheese!
The dosas are cooked with the cheese till the time that the cheese completely melts and coats the insides of the dosas. The outcome is an out-of-the-world experience of Street Style Butter Cheese Dosas, which are crisp outside and lusciously cheesy inside.
Kids will just love this cheesy after school treat which is also a filling snack .
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear 2 tsp butter over it and along the edges and cook on medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the cheese melts.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||247.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.