Mini Bajra Onion Uttapa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29203 times
Uttapa with rice is tasty but common! When you feel like cooking something exotic, try this whole grain uttapa made with bajra and of course some rice and urad dal too. You will thoroughly enjoy the unique flavour and crisp texture of the Mini Bajra Onion Uttapa, while also benefiting from the iron and fibre in it. The addition of onion and capsicum makes the uttapa more attractive, with an enjoyable crunch and flavour.
- Soak the whole bajra in enough water in a deep bowl for 8 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the bajra with enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Wash and soak the rice and urad dal separately in a bowl for 3 to 4 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the rice and urad dal with ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste to get a batter of thick pouring consistency.
- Transfer the batter into a deep bowl, add the cooked bajra, green chilli paste, salt and ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat and grease a mini non-stick uttapa pan using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round circle.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of onions and ½ tbsp of capsicum and sprinkle a little chilli powder over each uttapa.
- Cook all the uttapas, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 8 to 10 to make more mini uttapas.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini uttapa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.